OVERDOSE or SUICIDE??

   I actually don't remember myself experiencing any bad side effects on drugs I have taken up. I am very sure I have never encountered any overdose, toxicity or any severe reactions of drugs in my body... I don't even like taken medicine... lol..... But I do know someone who has encountered this..........

  One Monday morning, as I was waiting for my next class, I received a shocking message. At first I thought it was just another one of those crazy pranks my friends tried to pull off. So I did not bother asking... The message said "Please pray for the soul of........ May he rest in peace......" But after a few hours, messages were coming in - same ones asking for prayers for our dear friend's soul to rest in peace.... Then one of my closest friends called and confirmed that he did pass away that morning... As I can remember, he died around 4am that day...
  The story of his death at first was very controversial among people close to him and people who knew him... His family wanted to protect him by stating that he was overdosed.. Where in fact, the true reason behind it was he was on drugs and had some hallucinations which lead him to committing suicide.. Friends who were sleeping over at his place, found him hanging right outside the hallway of their rooms which leads to the living room... At that time, it was shocking news to hear that he has actually died. A very happy go lucky person died at an age of 21... Yes, we admit he was an addict, addicted to different types of drugs like Valium, Ecstasy, Marijuana, etc.... But that night, they said he has taken so much of these drugs...
   The drugs' side effects reacted on him, giving him to hallucinations, paranoia, depression, etc... Those are just short term effects towards the body... But for long term effect, it causes damage to the parts of the brain involved in memory and thinking.. But it never came to our minds that he would push the limits... But if you would really know his background, he is a very problematic person deep down inside which may have also pushed him to suicide. And what may have also triggered these depressions, paranoia, and hallucinations may be due to the drugs he had been taking..  But despite all his problems in life, so many people had loved him for his "wackiness" attitude..... To see the people who attended his wake and burial was very heart warming for the people very close to his heart... 

   Well, this is a true story of a friend I did know... A friend who will be cherished by many people... Some people who may be reading this may relate to this story and may even guess who this wonderful crazy loving 21 year old is....... May his soul rest in peace..... 

   

 

2 comments:

Jena Isle said...

a tragic story, how unfortunate. I hope this will serve as a lesson for everyone. There is nothing you can gain from it.

nah said...

oo nga po mam... sobrang nshock po kme wen we found out coz we were with him a few days before sya nagpakamatay..

aun po.. pro a lot attended the burial, very touching pa nung nkaburol pa po sya... :(

Post a Comment